Saturday, April 21, 2012

Savannah Arrival

Got in Friday evening and taxi'd my way to Savannah Super 8 south of town to meet the group i will be driving for. I will refer them by their rider names on the SCB list: Scooray, Bagel & Frank Tabor. Also met my co-driver Vic. All nice guys thankfully. When you respond to a post from a stranger ya never know what yer gonna get. Other riders in our support group that weren't at our hotel were ScootChef, Shawn & Joe, not sure of their rider names or numbers yet. Joe's travelled from the UK for this event. My kinda crazy bastard. Can't wait to meet him.

I spent the evening  listening to the first 3 guys discuss mapping out shortcuts to shave 3 minutes here and 5 minutes there from their times. As Frank put it, "Thats a piss stop". Every minute really does count to them. I'm glad they're in it to win it, not just along for the ride. That since of urgency will add to the excitement which is sorely need Im sure after 4 or 5 days on a scooter.

This is Bagel's 4th Cannonball. He's the youngest of the group I think and is using the oldest method for his route navigation. No GPS for this veteran scooterist. He is using a paper route chart. I will try to get a picture of it posted.

Breakfast calls.

standby

No comments:

Post a Comment